But I made up some cookies to bring to the parade Tuesday and they were gone within seconds. The recipes I used were pretty basic and just taken off the packages but, I like to tweak them to fit my needs.
My first recipe is from the back of the Nestle Toll House milk chocolate chips package.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (1 1/2) teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®
Semi-SweetMilk Chocolate Chocolate Morsels - 1
cup chopped nuts
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
So that's the recipe with my variations done in RED. To me, the extra vanilla just gives it a slight edge and the cinnamon gives it a small kick that sends it over the edge and into deliciousness. I personally hate putting nuts in baked goods but if you like it then go for it. I also do not use a tablespoon to measure out my cookies. I have a cookie scoop like this one http://www.walmart.com/ip/Oneida-Trigger-Cookie-Scoop/15149534 that works perfectly. I love it so much and regret no t buying one sooner.
My other recipe is off of the back of the Reese's Peanut Butter Chips package and my only variant is, I save some of my cookie dough from the chocolate chip recipe above (without the chocolate chips mixed in!) and incorporate it into this recipe. It gives the cookies a buttery flavor that I think is absolutely great and I think it adds dimension to what is already a great cookie. So here is that recipe, again, my variations in red.
INGREDIENTS:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cups (2-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup of Nestle Toll House Choclate Chip Cookie dough without chips
1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 9 (13) minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.) Cool slightly (5 minutes); remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4-1/2 dozen cookies.
I found that cooking them for only 9 minutes left the centers of the cookies a bit... doughy. At 13 minutes, they came out just fine. Some did tend to stick to the pan where the chips were but other than that, the recipe is great. I really loved making these and getting cocoa powder all over my kitchen.
And as my headache gets worse, I find myself drifting off topic then going back and erasing lines that honestly make no sense at all. Forgive me bloggers but I think I will go make myself some tea and then lie down.
I hope that if any of you try the recipes out that you enjoy them! I know I did. Maybe a little too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment