Tuesday, 12 February 2013

For the insomniacs

   I finally have a chance to update! Sure it's 2 in the morning and I can't sleep but I finally have a minute! The past week has been absolutely mad! It's Mardi Gras/ Carnivale time here and boy, do these Cajuns use every excuse for a party! This is my first time attending any Mardi Gras events so my amazing friends have been dragging me out to every possible parade, concert, dance or social event available. You know you're having fun when the rain is pouring down on you and you're getting smacked in the face with plastic beads but you don't care because everyone is laughing and spirits are high. I am having such a great time. I also had my very first king cake (cinnamon apple cream cheese!!) made by this adorable little bakery on some random back road. It was the most delicious thing I had ever tasted!!! Needless to say, I love Mardi Gras and everything that comes with it!

   I have been going to the gym for a week again and was looking into buying some equipment for home. Has anyone else been unsettled by the fact that, in almost all the home gym ads, the people using the equipment are incredibly fit? Just once, I'd like to see an overweight person with sweat pouring down their forehead but really pushing hard on the machine. I know that the companies are trying to say, "This is the body you could have if you just did our 10 minute workout 3 times a week!" That just seems so danged unrealistic to me and I can't stand it. I don't know why but it irritates me to bits. On the bright side, I've lost a couple more pounds. I'm almost at the 20 mark!!! Woohoo!

   I promise, I will get that cupcake recipe up soon. Maybe I'll post it with tomorrow's update. I'm making some amazing cookies to take to the last parade of the season and will definitely post my recipe. Meanwhile,  as I make empty promises, y'all can enjoy some pictures from this week.


There's my dog Luna (a great dane) all dressed up for the doggie parade.



One of the floats at a smaller (not really small, just not "the big one") parade.



I woke up at 6 a.m. to that wonderful peaceful moment right before the sun rises and had to snap a picture in my backyard.



Another reason this week rocked!!! My new Harry Potter books came in the mail! They're all about how the films were made with some input from the actors. They're so awesome and I just love them. Of course, I'm obsessed with HP so this just feeds my addiction.


   So, that's what's been going on lately. I promise, recipes tomorrow. I will be baking in the morning and will update while the sweets are in the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment