Do you ever get a weird craving for things? Today, I had to actually go to the store (in awful weather I might add) just to satisfy an intense craving. I knew I wouldn't be happy 'til I got it.
Brownies. Specifically, a brownie sundae. I was going crazy needing one of these. So off to the store I went to buy cocoa powder and eggs.
I tried out a new recipe actually. While mixing, I was a little worried because the batter was very thick. After eating one of these... oh my goodness. I will definitely be making these again.
Fudge brownies:
• 1 1/3 cups butter
• 2 2/3 cups sugar
• 4 eggs
• 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 cup unsweeted cocoa powder
• 2 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Powdered sugar (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350º F. Using a mixer (I used my Kitchen Aid with the batter attachment), cream together your butter and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla. Blend well on 4. Turn down to 2 and add your dry ingredients, blending well. Grease a 9 x 13 pan and spread your batter in evenly. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out relatively clean. Top with a dusting of powdered sugar (optional).
These brownies were so absolutely delicious that I'm surprised there's still some in the pan. If any of you try them, please let me know how they came out for you.
For the record, I topped my brownie with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream, Smucker's Hot Fudge and a maraschino cherry. Yum!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment